Saturday, November 15, 2014

NICOLETTA ROSELLINI!!! THE INTERVIEW!!

NICOLETTA ROSELLINI!
THE VOICE THAT YOU WILL LOVE!
ITALY

By Darkzen

Thank you very much for this interview! Who is Nicoletta! Well a bit of biography of his band
Kalidia is a power metal band from Italy! In September 2010, an idea was born Nicoletta, Federico (guitar), Alessandro (drums) and Nicola (keyboards), together!

In 2012/13 Kalidia shared the stage with famous musicians like Vision Divine, DGM, Timo Tolkki, Etherna, Fabio Lione and saints or sinners (Roberto Tiranti, Olaf Thorsen, Alessio Lucatti, Umberto Giampaoli) and recorded their debut album, August and December 2013, again at Eden Studios, which we can hear this great album and video!


So now we go with these questions that our friend gave us!



Hi! my friend! thank you very much! For this interview! You are beautiful!

How are you?

Hi! Thanks for this interview and thanks for asking! Everything's fine!

Let's start with your album 'Lies Device' good power / symphonic metal, Nicoletta How do you work your lyrics? and what shots inspiration to write them?

I usually write during my train travels; I put on the music and I wait for words to flow on
the paper! I take my inspiration from many different things, especially mythology, TVseries, literature and personal experiences

Tell us the thematic, ¿wich is the concept of this first full lenght?

Well, There's no concept behind our songs but our title and artwork focus on “Lies'
Device”'s theme: every men is forced to wear a mask in the world, just to be what others
wanted.

What is the story behind of the name Kalidia?

Kalidia is a fantasy name, formed by the union of Goddess Kalì and the ancient land of
Lidia. It was Federico's (guitars) idea.

Will make some video? Will make some acustic?

We've released our very first video “Lies' Device” a coupe of weeks ago; it was recorded in
an abandoned Marble quarry





We are also thinking about doing some acoustic shows as soon as we have some spare time!

There symphonic and melodic pieces and strong lyrics. Can you tell us more about this song 'Lie's Device' 'letter and why you chose it to be the title track?

“Lies' Device” concept is based on the mask's theme, which appears in many works of the
Italian writer Luigi Pirandello; during my days at high school he really inspired me and I
always wanted to write a song about it!

My friend, you have a different voice of those vocalists who use more soprano voice, which has a strong, clear voice, for me that is very important in this genre, talk about their musical influences and how you began this journey in the Metal?

Well, I know it sounds strange, but I'm not really into female fronted metal. Don't get me
wrong, I really like some band like Delain or Nightwish, but I prefer male warm voices.
My favourite bands are Kamelot (Roy Khan's era), Hammerfall, Vision Divine, Masterplan,
Symphony X...

My very first band (when I was only 15) was an Hard Rock band, after that, I experience
some gothic and symphonic metal, until 2010 when I met Kalidia's boys and we decided to
play some power metal.

Darkzen: O.O wow!

Wich was your vocal training?

I started my career at 15 without any training, but I realized I needed it, so I took some
vocal lessons for around a couple of year. Nowadays I'm still studying by myself but I'm
seriously thinking about taking lessons again: there is still room from improvements!

Nicolleta, who is? tell us a little about yourself

I'm a Vet medicine student and I dedicate most of my time studying what I love.
I also love everything releated to fantasy, steampunk and medieval worlds.
I'm a very generous and funny person; oh, I'm also a good cook and a great beer drinker! :)




Are there any on going project in which your are working or only the band?

Actually, I'm focused on Kalidia; I've done some collaborations and you can find it on
YouTube typing my name, but nothing big!

When you will come to América?

Eheheh! We'd love to, but we are still a small band! But I truly hope to come someday!

Thank you very much for your time and space, the last words are all yours! My friend for our readers!

Thanks for this interview and thanks for the time you spent reading it!
I'd like to thank every supporter in the worlds, your love means a lot to us.
Stay tuned on our social page! https://www.facebook.com/KalidiaBand





0 comentarios:

Post a Comment