Saturday, August 23, 2014

AZIZA! ARIA FLAME AMAZING WOMAN! WITH A SWEET FRAGANCE! THE INTERVIEW!!

AZIZA! ARIA FLAME
AMAZING WOMAN! WITH A SWEET FRAGANCE! 

By Darkzen

This week I give you a hot interview! If thanks to our friend Aria Flame! Aziza A. Poggi! Talented singer with a great history within the scenarios. Some of his biography! Taken from my Super top!


Talented Singer! And beauty! She created in the spring of 2011 by dramatic mezzo soprano singer and composer, neo-classical female fronted metal with a circus flare.

They are described as a neo classical dark hard rock outfit with a circus like flare, which was created out of the ashes of progressive Egyptian themed metal band Dendura. Whom which was heard on Comedy Central Network, featured in national magazines such as Metal Hammer and Vocals, and also opening for several international acts such as Epica, Unexpect, Scar Symmetry, Edguy, Doro Pesch and The Agonist. They disbanded in late 2010. Their music is inspired from movie soundtrack composers Danny Elfman and John Williams, classical and baroque composers, Beethoven and Handel, and metal bands such as Korn, Nevermore, Revamp. On occasion, Aria Flame will perform Dendura music as well.
Aria Flame’s music features classical and haunting rock style female vocals with classical and symphonic keyboards, electric guitar and intricate bass and drums



Thank you very much! My friend! For this opportunity!

Aziza: Thank you for the interview! I’m happy to answer.

Have you been?

Aziza: Very good! Staying busy and productive! Everything is great.
 Tell us! You’ve done? Great look! That made ​​you change your look?
Aziza: You must be speaking about my new photos with my other music project “Scarab’s Empire”.  I wanted a different image from that band to my other project.  With my main project, Aria Flame; there is more of a circus and phoenix representation in my pictures. So I just changed my hair and dress. Nothing else J.

Aziza Poggi who is? Behind the scenes

Aziza:  hehe J.  Well behind the scenes, I am always working on music to some degree, and I’m a bit of a homebody too. I have my personal time like most people do.  I have 2 cats, a ferret, family, friends, and I mix up perfume recipes and make orders in between all this. It’s fun.  Plus, I take a lot of walks and work out too.  I like the fresh air and sitting outside a lot.

What is your musical training? As you train your voice?

Aziza:  I am classically trained.  I took piano when I was a child. But just wasn’t disciplined. I took it again and became serious with it prior to going back to college in 2009. I started voice lessons with local voice teachers Dale Schriemer in my early days of singing with Dendura (formed in 2004, disbanded in 2010) and then I trained with Melissa Ferlaak (my fellow Eves Apple sister and singer of Plague of Stars, MY Eternel, formerly singer of Visions of Atlantis) and she helped me a lot with my high notes and getting self esteem within myself and my voice. I then went back to college for a degree in Classical Voice in 2009 and I’ve been in lessons with Diane Penning Koperski in my first year and then later with Dr Barton whom I still see for lessons.  I also trained with master voice teacher Nicholas Loren (whom has performed at Carnegie Hall, a professional retired opera singer) weekly for the whole summer in 2010 and I was in the Grand Rapids symphony chorus and performed the Lord of the Rings at the local opera, school recitals and other events the college had performances at.  Just getting involved in some of these performances, has really helped me as a singer.  I actually learned so much from voice lessons; I will never stop taking them.  I feel if I stopped learning, I stop growing. I want to always challenge myself and evolve.   I try and keep a good practice routine going and always warm up before I sing.   I also try to avoid dairy, starchy foods, and steer clear of being around smokers during show time and I won’t eat fast food ever before singing. I try not to eat it period.   I also am drinking water constantly. 

What are your influences?

Aziza: I have a lot of influences.  I love Nevermore, Nightwish, Korn, Revamp, Rammstein, Eisbrecher, Muse, Tarja, Epica, Danny Elfman the composer, Tangerine Dream, and classical singers Maria Callas, Renee Fleming and Anna Netrebko. I listened to a lot of metal growing up as a teen too. Such as Quiet Riot, Dokken, Queensrcyhe, Skid Row, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and more.  

I think Aria as Flame, and what is the concept?

Aziza: Aria, means solo voice for classical music. And because I sing in a classical form mixed with rock style vocals, I wanted to showcase that in our sound and in the band name. The word flame, represents the phoenix: always evolving and progressing. That is how I want our music to be.

As you get inspired to write a song?

Aziza: It varies. Usually after something very exciting happens or when a traumatic event occurs.  Sometimes, it has nothing to do with my life, but what I seen elsewhere and how it affected me emotionally.   I see a survival story and I get inspired.  For instance, I wrote “Realm of Hate” from the Cleveland kidnapping case of the three girls who went missing for a decade and found alive! I wrote “A World of Silence” during a time I was feeling overwhelmed and trying to stay away from negative people and thoughts.  It is about the personal mental breakdown of a person. I used some of my own personal stories into it, and then made it more dramatic in text. I wrote it like I was a broken doll being thrown around into a world filled with jealousy and angst.   

Tell us about Scarab's Empire, as was the idea? Who are they?

Aziza: Scarab’s Empire is only my guitarist Chris Webster and I. We are seeking musicians, who want to do writing and recording, and then later we’ll worry of shows and performing with them or a live unit will be put together.  I am so busy with Aria Flame right now, so it has been a little lacking but were getting it going soon. I wanted a band that I could show case my middle eastern roots in and this project will allow me to do that.

You Like Korn, to me is an icon within the Nu Metal group and one of my groups that I like!  As Korn influence you musically?

Aziza:  Yes! Jonathon Davis is a very emotional singer.  I can say he has influenced me by singing about real things, real events and he is his own person. He is whacky on stage as I seen Korn about three times now.  I also like listening to him in interviews and express his feelings on his music and music in general. I think he is very intelligent.  I do not sing the same style as he does and our music is more melodic, but I am moved from the passion in his voice and the stories he tells. Some of our songs though, do have a Kornesque feel to the rhythm so there is slight similarity.

Aria Flame and Scarab's Empire, are two bands of the same concept or different sound?

Aziza: Very different in sound.  Aria Flame is more neo classical circus metal and many who like Nightwish, Revamp, Epica, and Trans-Siberian Orchestra usually like Aria Flame. Scarab’s Empire is all Egyptian, fusion and oriental metal in sound.  If you like Niyaz and Orphaned Land, you’ll like Scarab’s Empire when it comes out.  But because it is still my voice, I’m sure people may feel there are similarities.  In all my bands I’ve ever been in or created, there is a continuous story onto the next band and so there may be lyrical cross over’s.  

You will engage the best festival, Metal Female Voices Fest, you think?

Aziza: This is the biggest show Aria Flame has ever done! We are thrilled.  We have noticed a growing fan base in Europe and I have always wanted to go so this is a dream come true! To add to our show, we are bringing three guest vocalists from the community of professional female singers I was a part of called “Eve’s Apple” (formed in 2010 and disbanded in 2013). Those three guest vocalists joining us are Sabrina Cruz from Seven Kingdoms, Grace Meridan and Kassandra Novell who are both between music projects right now.  We wanted to do something different, and also give back to the women, who have helped our band grow this last year!
We also are planning on launching our debut EP “A World of Silence” in October so this is perfect timing for the release! Our EP was mixed and mastered by award winning Grammy producer Neil Kernon (Nevermore, Judas Priest)



Some duet in which you would like to participate? And why?

Aziza:  I would love to sing with so many artists hard to name one. I will say if I could share the stage with any singer, I’d love to duet with Warrel Dane, formerly from the band Nevermore. He is actually one of my favorite male singers in the world today.  If it were female, it would be Floor Jansen. She is just amazing. I have been mesmerized by her voice since I knew of her previous band “After Forever”.

Something else we want to share my friend?

Aziza: I am also a perfumer. And I make soy candles, Whipped Shea Body Butter (Organic and scented), colognes, roll on oils, rose water hydrosols and custom orders for retail stores and individuals. I do not test on animals, and am a 100% Vegan Company.  I also use no alcohol in my perfumes and use a lot of essential oils in making my perfumes. I also have had many of the Eve’s Apple ladies featured as perfume models in my advertising. This is my way, of saying thank you and giving back to the ladies in metal, who have supported me and my company.

Thank you very much! The last words are yours to all our readers!

Aziza: Thank you for the interview!  Thank you to our supporters.  Word of mouth is still strong! Please keep spreading the word about us and tell others about our music! 
Visit Aria Flame online at www.ariaflame.com and facebook/ariaflameworld
Buy your products handmade and not manufactured!  Quality, not quantity! Visit me for your custom order or view my original products at: 

Fragrance line; www.etsy.com/shop/azizaworld  and my personal website at www.azizaworld.com   

Here i leave the new pics! 






0 comentarios:

Post a Comment