Tuesday, December 1, 2009

REVIEW: Elis - Catharsis

Surprising ... this world describe in my opinion about the new album of the band Elis, called 'Catharsis'. When you are going to listen this album, forget your idea about the style of Elis. This one is very different. In 'Catharsis', the band change their own style. It's a very powerful album, never fall off. Sandra Schleret has surprised us with rock vocals, folk melodies, melodic ones,... We can listen male backing vocals in most of songs.

One of songs which I love it is Warrior's Tale, you can enjoy a very impressive duet between Sandra and Michelle Darkness (End of Green).

Nowadays, It's dificult find bands into female metal which play guitar solos, so it was a nice surprise for me listen some good solos guitars in 'Catharsis' album.

One of my favorites songs is: 'I come undone'. Sandra uses a very powerful voice. And the guitar arrangements are very right with a rock touch.

The negative aspect of this album is the cover.I think it doesn't fit with the music. That cover doesn't invite to buy the cd or listen it.

I'm very satisfied. Highly recomended!!

I'm not a fan of the band and I don't usually give high notes, but I must make an exception, Catharsis deserves it:

SCORE: 10/10


Review by Oliver Davis

7 comentarios:

I reserved the album by an online shop. I will receive soon. I hope...!!! Now I read that. I want it now

I can't find at stores from my city :( Where did you buy it?

I got it. I give an 11!!!!!!!!!! It's a very good album

Powerful band! Elis is the best!

you can buy on napalm records shop online

very good album i play it 3 times a day

great album, great lyrics. Elis is the best!
I bought the album in napalm records

Post a Comment