Saturday, November 21, 2009

NIGHTWISH SINGER WITH THE RASMUS: BEHIND THE SCENES FOOTAGE FROM "OCTOBER AND APRIL" VIDEO

Behind-the-scenes footage from the making of "October & April", the new video from Finland's THE RASMUS which features a guest appearance by NIGHTWISH frontwoman Anette Olzon, can be viewed below. The track was released as a single on November 11.
Olzon was scheduled to THE RASMUS on stage earlier tonight (Friday, November 20) at The Dome 52 in Graz, Austria to perform "October & April". The concert will be broadcast on Germany's RTL 2 station on November 27.

In a September 2008 interview with Italy's Musica Metal, THE RASMUS singer Lauri Ylönen stated that the idea for the song came to him nine years ago when Tarja Turunen was still the lead singer of NIGHTWISH, but he only got around to recording the track during the sessions for last year's "Black Roses" CD. "I actually asked Tarja, but she said no!" Lauri revealed. "Then I called Anette, and she was like, 'Yeah, I would love to sing a song with you, I'm a big RASMUS fan, actually two years ago before I joined NIGHTWISH, I was singing THE RASMUS songs in karaoke bars!' so we went with her."

"October & April" was not included on "Black Roses" because the CD was a concept effort and the song didn't fit in with the overall idea for the album. Instead, the track will make its debut on THE RASMUS' "Best of 2001-2009", a compilation of all the hit songs from their four latest albums, including the million-selling "In The Shadows", most of the singles and a few rarities




News by: Liv kalske

3 comentarios:

I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lauri, I LOVE YOU!!!!!

ohh noo!! why take away the green and replace it with something else, it looked so good :-P
but the video has some very nice effects. the producers did an excellent job.

Hi Brandon...nice effects..., I'm not sure...but strange ones,...
I love the song which Annette collaborate with Lauri. I want another more...

Post a Comment