Sunday, October 18, 2009

REVIEW: Leaves Eyes - Njord

Njord is the new release for the band Leaves' Eyes. A magic album, with folk/viking influences. We can travel to ancients and lost worlds with the sweet melodies and voice of Liv Kristine.

Choruses and orchestra contrast with very powerful guitars and male vocals.


They include their own cover of the traditional english songs: "Scarborough Fair" and they got it! The new version is amazing.
In this album Liv proves that she is a great singer. She mixes neutral voice with a lyric voice with very complicated high notes.

We want to underline the ballad called "Morgenland" with their dark and sad melodies.

"Njord", "My destiny", "Elegy and Through our veins" (and their changes of scale) are our favorite songs. Only for these songs, it's worth listening the album. You can believe us.

SCORE: 9/10

Katy D. Noir

5 comentarios:

I love it!!! My favorite Leaves Eyes songs are My destiny and Njord

In my opinion thi new album is very good. All songs are my fav. ones.

It's good but I still prefer Vinland Saga, in my opinion it is much much better than this one...

It's difficult choose one of both

Perfect! 'cause i love the Ragnarok. I hadn`t listen Leave`s Eyes but now i tkink it is great!!!

Post a Comment