Thursday, May 28, 2009

TARJA TURUNEN talks about her new songs


BW&BK scribe Carl Begai recently spoke with ex-NIGHTWISH vocalist Tarja Turunen about the success of her first solo album, My Winter Storm, and her upcoming all important second record. An excerpt is available below.

“Like in everything I thnk there are different things that you want to change or try out,” Turunen admits. “The biggest struggle on My Winter Storm was making people understand what I’m trying to do, like the people at the record company and others behind the project. It was recorded in different studios all over the world and I don’t want to go through that hassle ever again. There are going to be international musicians involved on the next album; musicians I already have and others that I would love to work with. The thing is, at home here in Finland I have a studio of my own so I have a place to sing my vocals. I don’t have to run around to a million different studios anymore, and now the band has the chance to record in one of two studios.”

“The other thing is, even though I’m very happy with My Winter Storm artistically – it was done as I wished – I wasn’t so happy with the sound of the guitars. The songs I’m composing now, when the guitars come in they have to blow your mind. That’s what I want for the next album.”

Go to this location for the complete story.

Source: www.bravewords.com

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment